Weather permitting, our community will start to fill up with trick or treaters walking about collecting candy. The Aransas Pass Police Department wants to wish everyone a safe and Happy Halloween.
The local probation and parole offices will have staff out checking up on supervised sex offenders. All offenders are asked to keep their lights off and not participate in the trick or treating event. We understand that not all offenders are required to heave this advice, so we encourage parents to review our sex offenders online. Stay informed and keep your children safe. In addition, anyone observing suspicious activity pertaining to a registered sex offender is asked to report the offender to the police.
Keep These Halloween Safety Tips in Mind:
- Costumes with weapons should be toys and soft to touch so as to not hurt anyone.
- Never trick-or-treat alone, go in groups. Small kids should be accompanied by an adult.
- Attach reflective products or tape to costumes to be visible at night.
- Check candy for choking hazards and to make sure nothing has been tampered with. Best practice is to avoid eating homemade treats.
- Visit residences where the lights are on. Many people will keep their lights off if they do not participate in trick or treating. Furthermore, registered sex offenders are also instructed to refrain from participation.
- Be sure to walk and not run. There will be many people out and a possibility of heavy traffic for non-walkers. Also observe traffic by looking both ways before crossing the street.
- Never enter one’s residence unless accompanied by a trusted adult.
For a complete list of safety tips, please visit this site. (Outside website not affiliated with Aransas Pass PD.)