Shrimporee Security Sign-up
Seeking full-time Texas law enforcement officers to work off-duty security at this years Shrimporee event. Shifts are listed below and are limited. The pay is $40.00/hr. Participating officers will be paid by check from the Aransas Pass Chamber of Commerce.
Essential Staff for Operation:
- Chief Eric Blanchard – Security Schedule Coordinator
- Assistant Chief David Wood – Operation Supervisor
- Capt. Lynn Pearce – Emergency Manager for Event
- Capt. David Muniz – Event Field Commander
- Must be employed full-time as a Texas Peace Officer;
- Must have completed FTO and off introductory hiring restrictions within your licensing agency;
- Must have licensing agency’s directors approval (sheriff or chief);
- Must be an effective communicator & skilled in de-escalation techniques;
- Must receive a sign-up acknowledgment from APPD security coordinator (Chief Eric Blanchard);
- Must supply own food and drinks;
- Must complete and turn in W-9 during the first shift.
- Patrol grounds on foot;
- Stand post in various locations;
- Direct vehicular and pedestrian traffic;
- Employ smart policing tactics to resolve most issues;
- Other duties that may later be assigned.
- Friday Evening, June 7, 2019, from 5:00 pm until 12:00 midnight;
- Saturday Morning, June 8, 2019, from 8:30 am until 4:00 pm (REPORT TO PD);
- Saturday Evening, June 8, 2019, from 4:00 pm until 12:00 midnight;
- Sunday Morning, June 9, 2019, from 11:30 am until 6:30 pm.
Every officer must complete the attached W-9. Do not email this form in, you will turn it in-person when arriving for duty.
Further details will follow by email and during on-site shift briefings.
Sign up to Work Security:
Once the form has been submitted, you will receive an email confirming its submission. Within 24-72 hours you will receive an “approval to work” email from the event coordinator.Remember, You must receive approval from the event coordinator stating you have “approval to work.” If you have any questions, contact the event coordinator at 361-758-5224.