The Aransas Pass Police Department wants to wish all the ghosts, ghouls and goblins, happy and safe haunting this Halloween season. We too are gearing up!
Officers will focus on neighborhoods where foot traffic will be heavy. In addition, detectives will be out in unmarked police vehicles watching after registered sex offenders. We ask that all local sex offenders keep their lights off and not participate in the trick-or-treat event. We understand that not all offenders are required to heed this advice, so we encourage parents to review our listings of recent offenders and check out the State site as well.
Stay informed and keep your children safe. If you observe any suspicious activity during your jaunt, call us at 361-758-5224 or 911 (if an emergency exists).
Safety Tips to Keep in Mind:
- Costumes with weapons should be toys and soft to touch so as to not hurt anyone.
- Never trick-or-treat alone, go in groups. Small kids should be accompanied by an adult.
- Attach reflective material or tape to costumes to be visible at night.
- Check candy for choking hazards and to make sure nothing has been tampered with. Best practice is to avoid eating homemade treats.
- Visit residences where the lights are on. Many people will keep their lights off if they do not participate in trick or treating. Furthermore, registered sex offenders including those offenders on parole or probation are typically instructed to keep their lights off and refrain from participation.
- We expect to have heavy pedestrian traffic along with vehicular traffic for those who drive from one neighborhood to the next. Pedestrians have the advantage so long as they exercise good caution while walking and crossing the street. Also remember to walk, don’t run.
- Never enter one’s residence unless accompanied by a trusted adult.
Secret Information for the Ghosts, Ghouls and Goblins ONLY.
- 2C147&ssl=1 300w, https://i0.wp.com/ap-police.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Halloween-Safety.png?resize=768
- 2C503&ssl=1 1024w, https://i0.wp.com/ap-police.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Halloween-Safety.png?resize=1200
- 2C393&ssl=1 800w, https://i0.wp.com/ap-police.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Halloween-Safety.png?resize=500%2C245&ssl=1 500w" sizes="(max-width: 1200px) 100vw, 1200px" />
(Outside website not affiliated with Aransas Pass PD.)